HELP Connecting two amps

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Mr Neato, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Mr Neato

Mr Neato
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive got a NAD C370 and a denon 3803 and thought I had the ideal music/AV solution, all i needed to do was wire it in and fire it up. Well :confused: I read the advice on these forums and connected a interconnect between the'aux' output on the NAD and the front LR preouts on the denon, as i intend for the NAD to drive those two speakers but :censored: all happens. Am i missing something basic :confused:
    Any help !!!!

2. davehk

davehk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    It is generally better to connect an output to an input, rather than to another output :oops:

But let's assume you mean that you connected the LR pre-out from the denon to the AUX INPUTS on the NAD. Make sure that you don't have the tape monitor button pressed in. Select AUX input and it should work - don't forget to select the correct speaker ouputs with the front panel buttons.

you'll need to set the NAD's volume control to a suitable position and then calibrate the levels on the denon. Always set the NAD volume control to the same place in the future.

A better way, if you don't want to use the pre-amp section of the NAD for anything else, is to connect the denon outputs to the MAIN IN on the NAD (remove the links first!) - then you bypass all the controls (except the speaker selectors) on the NAD and just use those on the denon.

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,477
    Which amp are the front L/R speakers connected to?
    Which amp are the CD etc connected to?

Connect the speakers to the NAD. Connect all HiFi sources to the NAD. Connect the front L/R pre-outs from the 3802 to any input on the NAD.

Mark.

4. Mr Neato

Mr Neato
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the two bits of help guys.
    Davehk I did mean input. Nothing like early morning AV problems to test your grammer.
    Waiting for the weekend to try your suggestions and hopefully some happy days.