1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help connecting STB

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by GlennP, Mar 6, 2004.

1. GlennP

GlennP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm new to digital TV and need to know the best way to connect my new Freeview adapter to my setup as follows-

TV has only 2 scarts (one RGB)
    STB is a Freeview adapter with 2 scarts, RF loopthrough BUT no UHF modulator
    VCR with 2 scarts
    DVD with 1 scart

According to the STB manual I should connect 1 scart to the TV and the other scart to the VCR but with only 2 TV scarts how do I then connect the VCR to the TV as I already have the DVD connected to the TV's RGB scart.

If I don't connect the STB direct to the TV scart then how do I tune in the STB as the STB has no UHF modulator? Can I simply daisychain the STB to the VCR scart and then VCR scart to TV and tune the STB in that way and still use RF loopthrough to watch analogue channels.

Will the UHF modulator in the VCR modulate the STB signal either via RF or scart?

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    If you do what you have suggested you will lose the RGB from the DVD player if only one scart socket on the TV is RGB enabled.

You may find that the easiest way to connect everything up using the best quality picture would be to buy a scart box so that you can use both Freeview and DVD player in RGB.

As my television also has only one RGB scart socket I always ensure that I only buy DVD players that have two scarts so that I can daisychain the Digibox through the DVD player and onwards to the single scart RGB socket on my TV

3. GlennP

GlennP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Ian

The DVD player only having one scart is a pity I know.
    Can anyone recommend a scart box which has RGB out on at least two ports.