HELP!!! Connecting speakers to TV

Lexwhitby

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2014 Marantz amp and my two B&W speakers are connected by banana plugs. That’s all fine, however, I want to connect the amp to my Samsung 70inch tv, model number UE70KU6000K.

My question is, how the hell do I do it? I’m pulling my hair out!

So my amp has the red and white audio output/input cables attached to the back that I currently plug into a little Bluetooth receiver so I can connect my phone and play music. My tv doesn’t have the red and white plug sockets, nor does it have an aux input. The only thing the tv has is a blue socket and a yellow socket.

Is there any adapters I can buy so that I can connect the two red and white cables from the back of my amp into the tv so the audio can come through my speakers?

Please help!!!

Thank you :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    430.3 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    485.7 KB · Views: 64
Hi,

I have a 2014 Marantz amp and my two B&W speakers are connected by banana plugs. That’s all fine, however, I want to connect the amp to my Samsung 70inch tv, model number UE70KU6000K.

My question is, how the hell do I do it? I’m pulling my hair out!

So my amp has the red and white audio output/input cables attached to the back that I currently plug into a little Bluetooth receiver so I can connect my phone and play music. My tv doesn’t have the red and white plug sockets, nor does it have an aux input. The only thing the tv has is a blue socket and a yellow socket.

Is there any adapters I can buy so that I can connect the two red and white cables from the back of my amp into the tv so the audio can come through my speakers?

Please help!!!

Thank you :)

Attachments

• 074AFB28-FF77-4D65-B1E7-FA612BD7C8A6.jpeg
    074AFB28-FF77-4D65-B1E7-FA612BD7C8A6.jpeg
    440.8 KB · Views: 43
  • D60FE0F4-EC82-416C-9C81-0B9135C593FC.jpeg
    D60FE0F4-EC82-416C-9C81-0B9135C593FC.jpeg
    495.7 KB · Views: 44
OK, so you need to use either a headphone output - if the TV has one, and use a stereo minijack to phono cable - about £3.50 from Amazon.

If there's no headphone socket, use an optical to analogue converter and plug this into your amplifier.

If your TV has a headphone jack you can connect to that for audio to the amp for analogue signals. The TV will no doubt have a digital optical output and, depending on your Marantz model it may very well have an optical input if it has it's own onboard DAC. This would be the best connection.

To connect the headphone jack you will need one of these:

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I've just replied on your other thread on the same subject. Please in future just post one thread on one subject as it brings nothing by confusion doing otherwise. Threads merged.

I've just replied on your other thread on the same subject. Please in future just post one thread on one subject as it brings nothing by confusion doing otherwise. Threads merged.

Apologies! I’ve only joined today.

Yes my TV doesn’t have a headphone jack. I have just ordered one of the DAC converters as mentioned above so hopefully this will work.

It amazes me how you can spend thousands on a TV and it doesn’t have a headphone jack!

Thank you for advice :)

A standalone DAC will do the job for you, optical out from the TV then analogue to the amp. Lack of headphone does surprise me. A belated welcome to the Forum.

You can also power the dac by from at least one of the tvs USB ports.

But you might get some noise into the dac thereby.

So you might want to try an old phone charger as well.

Hi. Many TVs of that vintage had a special connection to allow older AV out connections to SCART adaptors .. unusually your model is missing that.
It expects to be matched to a modern AVR instead. It really wants to send any audio to external devices in digital format. HDMI, Optical or Bluetooth.
So these are your options.
An AVR with HDMI on the ARC connection is the best.
Optical into either an Optical to Analog DAC into a old style Amplifier
Optical Direct into a more modern amplifier or AVR
Bluetooth into a reciever plus DAC.

A standalone DAC will do the job for you, optical out from the TV then analogue to the amp. Lack of headphone does surprise me. A belated welcome to the Forum.
... especially on a 70 inch TV . The only TVs routinely offered with headphone sockets are small bedroom sized units for student flats, ..often used as computer monitors.

... especially on a 70 inch TV . The only TVs routinely offered with headphone sockets are small bedroom sized units for student flats, ..often used as computer monitors.
My 2018 Panny 65'' OLED has a headphone socket. Component in as well!:thumbsup:

Is the assumption that very large screens will be used in a home cinema situation and any headphone use will be taken up by the receiver?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom