1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help connecting speakers A + B to sub

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by azzo, Jul 24, 2003.

1. azzo

azzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    My brother has just taken deliver of an Onkyo 500 receiver/dvd
    and mordont short premier sub-stat system. He is very pleased with the movie performance of this system but is dissapointerd with the stereo performance.
    He has a pair of Sugden speakers attached to the ‘B’ speaker outputs for music and the mordant shorts connected to ‘A’ for movies. He doesn’t appear to have much weight in the base department for movies on his Sugdens. (His old NAD 320 powered these quite well) The amp doesn’t allow any configuration of the ‘B’ speakers, so I am presuming that these are setup for stereo listening.
    I have suggested that he tries to integrate the sub into the music listening. The only problem is that it only has one set of inputs. He is already using the left line in on the sub for the sub output for the 5. Is it possible to connect the line-out of the amp to the right on the sub so he can use the sub for both 5.1 and music. My concerns with this are: 1) Only the left or right channel will be outputing base to the sub. 2) How will this effect the 5.1 with the speaker on the ‘A’ loop.
    There may be a better way of doing this?
    Thanx for any help
    Azzo.