Help connecting sound system to TV

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by trixie, Feb 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. trixie

trixie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I am new here and I am not very tech savvy so please excuse any mistakes in my descriptions.

We bought an LG sound system last December (DH3120S), and it was working with our Sky Plus box and also the dvd player which is combined in it.

Yesterday we changed to TV (I was lucky enough to win one in a competition) however we were really disappointed as we cant seem to connect the TV to the sound system due to lack on connections on the new TV (LG 42LM620T). We have connected the Sky+ by HDMI, but cannot connect the TV or the actual sound system. We tried to connect the DVD player by scart but the sound isnt working properly in that the speaking is too quiet but if you turn it up when music comes on it blows your ears off!!. I spoke to LG and they said the only thing I could try is a digital to analogue converter but they couldnt say for definite it would work.

Can anybody please let me know what I have to do to connect the systems and hopefully without too much cost as we are on a limited budget.

Many thanks in advance

2. razy60

razy60

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +319
    best you can do i think is use the headphone jack on the rear panel, you would need a 3.5mm to L/R split audio lead something like this,
    1M 3.5mm MALE STEREO JACK TO 2 RCA MALE AUDIO CABLE | eBay

As for the DVD audio, that sort of thing happens quite a lot it is caused by many factors some of which is the actual audio on the disc, if you are able it may pay to have a look at the audio settings in the sound system and adjust the center speaker to be louder.