Help Connecting SKY+ Panny E65 DVDR and Sony DAV-SR4W

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by DarrenB, Jan 13, 2005.

1. DarrenB

DarrenB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Chaps,
    My first post on the forumaand im after a bit of advice please.
    I have Sky+ and Sony DAV-SR4W DVD\Decoder plus a Plasma Screen.
    These are connected via individual scart leads (RGB) to my plasma's AV1 and AV3 inputs (these are both RGB)
    I have the Sky+ box connected via Optical Digital to the Sony decovder\dvd player.
    This all works great.
    Now...
    I intend to buy Panasonic E65 DVR recorder, mainly to transfer recorded material from the Sky+ HD to DVD-R or DVD-RAM.
    I'd like to use the Component out from the E65 to the Plasma, which accepts everything up to 1080i.
    Would i get a better picture going from sky+ to E65 via RGB Scart and then from the Component out on the E65 to the Component in on the Plasma? Also what res would the Panasonic run at?
    Can i route the RGB picture from the Sky+ box AV2 or AV1 to the E65 AV2 or AV1 and pass this thru to the Component output and pipe that to the Plasma? I gather from reading between the lines I can.
    I also want to keep the auto-switching when i turn on sky or sony so the plasma jumps to the appropriate source. I will remove the Scart lead from the SKy+ Av1 out to the Plasma, but keep the Scart from the Sony to the Plasma as the Sony only has 1 Scart.

Now as far as sound is concerned, the Sony has only one optical in, so I was thinking of getting a optical Y-splitter and splitting the optical to both the Sky+ and the E65.
    Where would it be best to connect the E65? Do I have the Sky+ scart coming from AV1 or AV2 and do I have it going in to AV1 or AV2 on the E65?
    What would happen if i have the SKy+ and the E65 on at the same time when connected to the Sony? Would the optical audio freak out? Or would it only cause a problem if i tried to play something on both sources at the same time...

As you can see im rather confused about how i should connect this lot and Ive got myself into a right flippin muddle!

Advice greatfully received.
    D.

2. DarrenB

DarrenB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Never Mind....I've sorted it.

Thanks for all the repiles to the 33 who viewed the post! :smashin: