Help connecting Sky+ and DVD to TV

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Gibbo5, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Gibbo5

Gibbo5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hope somebody may be able to help me with this.

I am trying to connect a Toshiba DVD player with coaxial and optical outputs and a Sky+ box with only a optical output to a Philips Dolby Digital TV with only one coaxial input.

Is there a way of doing this so that I can have Dolby Digital 5.1 from both my DVD player and Sky+ box or will I have to sacrifice the sound quality from one of them.

I have browsed the web for converters and splitters but could only find a converter for changing one optical input to a coaxial output, and a optical splitter that splits a optical input to two optical outputs.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. gossp

gossp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Well an easy solution is an AV amp of some sort. But there are boxes you can buy (all be it I only found them in america) that will receive optical and coaxial digital and output only coaxial digital. One even has a nice remote to switch which inout you are using. They cost about $120. Audio Authority is one make.
    here is a link
    http://www.smarthome.com/77705.html
    Hope this helps