Question Help Connecting Samsung One Connect, Denon amp & SkyQ

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Rich5ltr, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Rich5ltr

Rich5ltr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I’ve got a Samsung QE49Q7F TV Screen which has the One Connect box (this is great as it means there's only a thin cable to the screen) and this is connected to my Sky Q via an HDMI cable to the One Connect box and works fine.

I now want to add in my Denon AVR1906 amp. I would prefer to keep the Sky box connected to the One Connect box so that if I want I can watch the TV without the amp. However Sky Q only has one HDMI out so should I use the Optical out to connect to the Denon amp? If I do I need to alter any settings on Sky or will it just work?

Thoughts?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,432
    You will want to confirm the audio format the Optical Out on the SKY Q Box is set to (Normal or Dolby).

You may also have to adjust the ‘Lip-sync’ digital audio delay.

Joe

3. Rich5ltr

Rich5ltr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Joe, that's great. I can do that no problem. Funny thing is that I had the full 5.1 set up at my last house but I moved 18 months ago and haven;t got round to wiring it up again yet! Back then I had a Panasonic TV and the new Samsung has this One Connect box. Maybe I was overthinking it! So... Denon Amp/Receiver, Denon DVD player (I've still got lots of DVDs), Kef speakers and now teh Samsung and SkyQ. :)