Help Connecting my Vizio S4251W to get true 5.1 out of my Samsung

thedunes

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have been looking around the internet for a good solution to an issue I had not thought of before I purchased my new soundbar. I moved from a house where I could make as much noise as I wanted to into a condo and decided to downsize the media room equipment to free up some space.

Issue: My Samsung only sends 5.1 when viewing DTV OTA signals, it down-converts everything else. I was hoping to connect my components via HDMI to the TV and run an optical TOSLINK to the soundbar, nice and clean. The sounbar will do some up converting but I want the true DTS that why I purchased this soundbar with rear surrounds.

What I would like to hook up to the TV, Samsung UN55C6300SFXZA and soundbar Vizio S4251W-B4.
  • Verizon Fios SAT/DVR QIP7232 2
  • Samsung Blueray/DVD BD:C5500
  • Roku 3

Thoughts?? I have my old Onkio receiver if I needed to somehow use it, Model number TX-SR608 or an optical splitter, I saw a few on monoprice but that's just one more remote. The soundbar has two digital inputs, one TOSLINK and one Coaxial but I have three devices I would like to connect. The Roku 3 doesn't have any optical out it relies on the HDMI port.

Well guys and gals what do you think?

John

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom