Help connecting my speaker bar

smyrk

Standard Member
Hi im a newbie to this forum and came across the site whilst looking at the fake wall ideas which i am hoping to also get some help with but thats for another thread.

What i am looking for now is some help connecting my samsung HW-e350 to my samsung series 8 tv.

Now my tv has the red and white rca audio output but when i connect these to the aux input via the lead supplied i get no sound. The only way i can get sound is connecting the red and white output leads straight to my sky box.

my problem is i also have apple tv that i use for films etc. So then i cant use my sound bar when using this.

is there anyway i can connect the sound bar so that it plays whatever sound is being viewed on the t.v (xbox apple t.v, sky etc.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Are you sure the phono connection on the TV (red/white) are outputs and not inputs? A lot if new tvs only have a digital output now and not phono.

smyrk

Standard Member
I'm sure they are mate.
I've sorted it now anyway mate cheers. The instructions weren't very clear. But I've run a hdmi cable from hdmi input 2 (which is the arc) to the hdmi out on the the sound bar. And then enabled anynet+ on the tv and around bar and it works

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom