Help connecting Monitor to 2x Echo Plus 3rd gen for sharing aux as stereo

packard

Novice Member
So here is the query currently In office at home the Monitor has 3.5mm stereo out connected to ONE Amazon Echo Plus 3rd gen. Into monitor is Sky Q mini hub, blu ray player and laptop all via HDMI which works fine.

I now have TWO amazon echo plus third gens I have paired them in the Alexa app and all works well e.g. playing via Spotify it plays as expected though both speakers. I then use the aux in from monitor to one of the echo plus and it only plays through one speaker. A bit of late research shows it won’t share the feed via the app.

So is the simplest and only way to get true stereo is to get a 3.5mm Stereo Jack Plug to 2x Mono Jack Plugs Lead, and hard wire between the 2 ? so for any monitor fed audio it would be true stereo ?

sorry for basic question, seems Amazon and sharing inputs isn’t the done thing

Solution
That's because you have a single pole jack plug into a stereo jack socket and are possibly just feeding 1 channel into both speakers.
Just feed the monitor out into both speakers.

packard

Novice Member
Well I’ve done this, taking the feed however it just sounds “wrong”, there is no delay but it just sounds rather strange. Anyone know of any settings etc ?

Upvote 0

JayCee

Distinguished Member
That's because you have a single pole jack plug into a stereo jack socket and are possibly just feeding 1 channel into both speakers.
Just feed the monitor out into both speakers.

Upvote 1
Solution

packard

Novice Member
Thanks, I tried that originally by having 3.5mm stereo to 2x 3.5mm stereo that seemed to offer audio to both and sound as expected.

So whilst it feeds both echo speakers to offer sound, with my basic logic its just feeding the same signal to both so no “true” stereo I.e. left and right feed just mixed L&R

My though on the 3.5m Stereo to mono was to allow left to echo left speaker and right to echo right or doesn‘t it work like that?

Or am I over thinking it, and just except Amazon really doesn’t want any other Input other than via app and not aux especially to a paired speaker as it won’t share the sound by the echo hence needing 2 inputs ?

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom