1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help connecting a sub to my Yamaha AMP

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by matt bellamy, Jan 29, 2005.

1. matt bellamy

matt bellamy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,

I recently bought an Eltax sub for movies but it feels really "artificial" if you know what I mean. It's ok but on loud scenes or during explosions you can hear it rather than feel it. I have a spare Panasonic sub that is part of an all-in-one home cinema package which I remember as being pretty good. I was going to connect this to my yamaha amp to see how it compares and possibly use it until I can afford a better one. The problem is the panasonic sub doesn't have a phono connection to connect it to the amp, it only has normal speaker wire coming from the back of it. Is there any way to connect this sub to my amp or not? Also, is there anyway to get better results from the Eltax sub?

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    When asking questions like this it is always easier if you tell us what kind of amp and speakers you are using as frequently there could be tweaks to the setup that are obvious.

In general if you can set the crossover in the amp to 80Hz with all speakers set to small and switch the crossover on the sub off (if possible) or as high as possible that should give you a starting off point for experimenting with.

Try also repositioning the sub in or out of corners and nearer or further away from walls to see what difference that makes.