help connect

J

jazzyjazzy

hello everyone

i am trying to connect my laptop to my 360 and i d/w a file file from xbox site which was abt 6-7 mb.But the problem is that the installation get stuck,it says it cant find any 360 and when i search for my laptop on xbox,there also it says no pc connected.So plz help me get through this........

i m running win xp prof Service pck 2
i hav installed norton,spyware doctor nd nod32 (though i disabled all of them when i installed the d/w setup to prevent firewall problem)
i hav windows media player 10
i am trying to connect it thru ethernet cable provided with 360,diretly plugging its one end in xbox nd the other on my laptop.

nd ya mine is PAL,picked it from AUS (i think it doesnt matter though)

regards

hello everyone

i am trying to connect my laptop to my 360 and i d/w a file file from xbox site which was abt 6-7 mb.But the problem is that the installation get stuck,it says it cant find any 360 and when i search for my laptop on xbox,there also it says no pc connected.So plz help me get through this........

i m running win xp prof Service pck 2
i hav installed norton,spyware doctor nd nod32 (though i disabled all of them when i installed the d/w setup to prevent firewall problem)
i hav windows media player 10
i am trying to connect it thru ethernet cable provided with 360,diretly plugging its one end in xbox nd the other on my laptop.

nd ya mine is PAL,picked it from AUS (i think it doesnt matter though)

regards

Let me get this right!!! your trying to install something from your laptop to your 360 ? Is that right ? What the file you have ?

i am not trying to install anything buddy,i am only trying to establish a connection so that i can access my movies,photos,etc from my laptop on tv through xbox

hello everyone
But the problem is that the installation get stuck

See this is why I said trying to install as maybe you had tried to install an update, which you can download from xbox.com and burn to disc!. :(

You need media player 11 to stream songs and video and I am not your buddy! :nono:

i hope it works but is there any difference between wm player 11 and windows connect....and can i be able to play divx,xvid through media player without converting the movies.

Windows media player 11 has in a way windows connect built into it. Its more 360 friendly. Install it and then you will see a difference to how your pc and 360 act with each other.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom