Question HELP! conflict using Pioneer vsx-924-k, why?

Toolate

Standard Member
Reaction score
Okay, have sky+ box connected through HDMI, also have this on pass through, television connected from HDMI out (1 control) no issues with picture or sound.

PS3 connected through HDMI, no issues with picture or sound.

Marantz CD Player connected through coaxial, no issues.

Recently purchased Sony BDP-s7200, connected through HDMI to predetermined BD connection on receiver, picture no issues, playback issues.

Here's the issue. Say been watching sky, want to watch bluray, playback from BDP is only in stereo, checked all settings, connections etc.. nothing changes. Okay, turn the sky box off, still no change to playback, however when I switch off the television play back resorts to surround sound DTS-HD Master, now I switch the television back on, playback remains at DTS-HD Master. I enjoy my movie.

Can someone please explain what is happening and how this can be resolved.

Sony BDP-S7200
Pionner VSX-924-k
Samsung PS50C680

I'd tend to suspect that you've set the HDMI out to TV + AVR? This means that the TV determines the audio formats the player can output because HDMI uses the least capable device to determine the type of signal it can deliver. If you are passing through audio via the receiver then your TV is the least capable device and your player takes its capabilities as guidance as to what audio it can output. Set the HDMI output on the receiver to just AVR.

Other than this, I can't comment without you actually posting the HDMI output setting you've used onboard the player?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom