Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

HELP! Component output from GXD500 into PW7

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by DRowe, Jun 3, 2005.

1. DRowe

DRowe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is anybody out there using a Sony GXD500 with a 37PW7?

I have just bought the screen with a component board as the Sony unit has these outputs and I understand the quality is better than RGB Scart.

The Sony box has DVD player and Freeview tuner in one box, is it optimal to send both 'sources' through the same component output into the board on the plasma? I am prepared to sacrifice a little in quality for minimal leads, boxes etc (hence the purchase of the GXD500 in the forst place!)

Have read lots on here about 37PW7 boards and could use some advice!!

Also got a good deal on a panny wall mount, but noticed on the shop demo model that it it rather large and comes to the edge of the screen. Is this normal or are there more discrete mounts?

Thanks,
    David.

2. nak

nak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    That's fine David,

If you have a seperate audio amp, then in my view a good quality component lead now and you're all done.

The PQ with regards to RGBScart and component (YUV) is noticeable:-
    Component tends to have a softer tone, but both handle 24bit true colour and beyond.

Ask a dealer to demonstrate, then trust your eyes (not your wallet!)

Hope it goes well :)

Oh, and there's nothing wrong with the Panny mounts... but I went for a Vivanco one because it was silver!?!

3. DRowe

DRowe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply, will get a compoent lead sorted today and wait for delivery next week.

Have a great weekend.

David.