HELP! Component cable needed to connect near audio but distant component?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by mikejdavies, Jan 17, 2008.

1. mikejdavies

mikejdavies
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, I am really stuck. I have just rearranged my room and wall mounted my new plasma. All the cabling will go from the TV to my Wii, AV receiver, DVD player, etc. I want to purchase a Wii component cable - the problem is that the Audio needs to go 40cm away to the AV receiver, but the component (visual) leads need to go three metres away to the TV.

All the component leads I have seen all appear to be moulded in one, only splitting into the 5 connectors at the very end of the cable.

How on earth can I connect this up so that I can get the audio through my amp and the picture through the TV, 3 metres away??? :suicide:

Any advice greatly appreciated.

(I have also posted this under the Wii section - not sure which it should go in)

2. AnthonyG

AnthonyG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    I have got basically a similar same setup as you.

I overcome this by buying a Double Phono Male to Female 7m Extension lead.

So I have the Component in the back of the TV then the Female end of the extension connected to the audio connectors and the extension lead going to my receiver.

If you cant find an M/F lead then you can buy two phono couplers and connecting a standard 5m M/M Phono Lead.

For example of what I am meaning here is one

And Heres is a M/M Phono Cable

*Edit* Just noticed mine is the opposite way around to your problem. But to solve yours you can buy a 3 port Component Coupler and buy a 3m Component Cable.

Hope this helps
    Anthony

3. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,506
    Just buy some RCA couplers and and another component cable to extend the signal. Don't worry if they're marked as composite i.e. yellow-red-white, as they still work. I have done this on a couple of projector systems to hook up Xbox 360s with no problems.

You can get twin couplers too for extending just the audio (red-white) cables.

4. qwerty1234

qwerty1234
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    could you not run it all in to the reciever then another long lead from reciever to the screen. or get a short wii cable and a 3 meter component cable and a phno plug joiner allowing the rgb signal cables to be joined the another lead.