HELP! Component cable needed to connect near audio but distant component?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii-U & 3DS' started by mikejdavies, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikejdavies

mikejdavies
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, I am really stuck. I have just rearranged my room and wall mounted my new plasma. All the cabling will go from the TV to my Wii, AV receiver, DVD player, etc. I want to purchase a Wii component cable - the problem is that the Audio needs to go 40cm away to the AV receiver, but the component (visual) leads need to go three metres away to the TV.

All the component leads I have seen all appear to be moulded in one, only splitting into the 5 connectors at the very end of the cable.

How on earth can I connect this up so that I can get the audio through my amp and the picture through the TV, 3 metres away??? :suicide:

Any advice greatly appreciated.

2. G a f f e r

G a f f e r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +666

Hi Mike.

This has been answered here http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=675087.

Basically, you need three male-male phono adapters and then three long (3m) phono leads to extend the video part to the TV.
    You could use a 3m male-female phono 3 lead, but the video transmission will depend on the (cheaper?) quality wiring.
    Doing it with adapters means you can choose better quality phono leads (if you want) for your "extension" bit yourself. :)

3. mikejdavies

mikejdavies
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great job! I did search but didn't stumble upon anything.

Many thanks :)

4. shyewei

shyewei

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +206
    Alternatively and more cheaply if the component cable will reach will be to connect the component cable to the TV and re-run the audio back to the amp.

This way you only need to buy a 2 coupler and the degradation in audio would be less important than video. IMHO!!!

Shye :thumbsup:

5. G a f f e r

G a f f e r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +666
    No, that won't work because he already said that:

If he already says the component lead won't reach the TV (his basic problem that he's trying to workaround), then the only way to do as you suggest is to extend them again - (also more expensive this way as you're extending both leads)......hence we're at the same problem ;).

Anyway @Mike: No problem mate, happy to help & I'm glad you got it sorted :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.