1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Clueless with installation...arrggh!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Suzan, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Suzan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Oh mi gosh....
    I am quite pc literate and am relatively ok with connecting av components but.. I just got my Panasonic DMRE85, and boy...... this is all new to me.

Now, I have sort of got it working but I really need someone to guide me through right from scratch to getting it working.

I have Sky - from which I want to record timed programs or use video+
    This is themain thing I can't figure out at the moment.

I have it connected Sky-DVR-TV

TV is a few years old - Thomson 28" widescreen.

I think I have to do somehitng about finding channels but when it does this automatically it doesnt find anything. Not a clue what it's all about.

As you can tell I am really lost. I was so excited about this new box but really am having a hard time.

Also have a panasonic (forget model) home cinema which I have connected the audio to.

AND....... remote controls !!!
    Is it possible to get my new remote to work the sky stuff, and also my amp stuff, and maybe even the tv. If so, how :)

Oh...... lots and lots of questions.
    Hope someone can help.
    Feel free to email me directly as then I'll be sure to get the answer as soon as possible.

2. Rasczak

Distinguished Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ensure your setup is as follows (by good quality Scart leads):

Sky TV Out >>> AV2 on the Panasonic and then AV1 >>> TV EXT1

Ensure Sky is set to output RGB (goto Services/Settings/Picture Settings) and likewise AV1/AV2 on your E85 (goto Functions/Setup/Connection). Ensure connection type is set to 'Normal'. To view Sky through your E85 switch the channel to 'A2' (cycle channels up or down to get this).

You can programme the E85 remote to control the TV but not Sky. Ensure you do not use the Tv features of your Sky handset as that will make the digibox revert to composite output which will give a black screen.