Question Help choosing sub cable?

panamawhisky

Novice Member
Hi all, I've decided to buy an SVS PB2000 and need some help selecting a decent cable for my sony str-dn1080 amp. I've considered SVS sound path and audio quest black lab. similarly priced, so if anyone has experience with these or could comment on alternatives, it would really help me out! thanks!

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Any decent shielded subwoofer cable will do the trick. Do not pay extra for special brand or alleged space technology. It either works or not as one known person in the industry used to say. In the UK the sub cable cost around +- 10£ depending of length (do not buy short one if you have many options to place the sub / want to do subwoofer crawl).

Last edited:

mossym

Distinguished Member
i wouldn't pay more for "better cable", the amazon basics would be perfect if the length suits. however mark grant van damme cables are not that much more and have way more flexibility in cable length, especially if you are looking for shorter runs

Last edited:

DodgeTheViper

Yes they are good but I prefer a smaller connector.

mossym

Distinguished Member
i've a bigger issue with 3 or 4 feet of unnecessary cable you need to try and keep tidy, drives me nuts.

DodgeTheViper

Doesn’t bother me. I need that little bit extra sometimes for when I need to move the stand out.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom