1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Choosing Recorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by lurcher, Oct 30, 2005.

1. lurcher

lurcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    At the moment I"ve got a Panasonic DMR ES10 but am looking for a model with the following facilites,
    Hard Drive - capable of high speed dub to dvd-r.
    Dv in for camcorder.
    Ram/Rw/-R record and playback.
    Twin scarts with Rgb in/out.
    Apart from Panasonics DMR EH60D are there any other makes that can do the job.
    Not bothered about digital tuner , a bonus if its there.
    Anything suitable to £300 ?
    Would prob have gone for the Panasonic DMR EH50 but no dv in.Dont want to go back to a Toshiba as I found difficulty recording from Jvc hard drive camcorder via S in.

TIA

2. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    JVC HDD camcorder - obvious solution, JVC DR-MH200/30/300 - take your pick.
    Of the 3 mentioned, the latter is due in a month's time, and is the only one bar the budget DVD only recorders to have RGB on SCART 2 - the feed from your NTL Digital/SKy+/Freeview STB.
    It also does upscaling to 720p/1080i of DVDs (not sure about broadcasts fed in) via the HDMI output.
    The 60 is £400, and doesn't upscale or have HDMI, but does have Freeview AND analogue tuners, instead on analogue only, but the MH300 is £369 online already, and will drop probably at launch or soon after.
    Alternatively, Sony HDX710, or the HX710 from Pixmania - analogue only, whereas the UK specific HXD has Freeview only. It won't do RAM discs, but does dual layer - same as MH300, which does RAM, as well as all the rest +/- iterations. £320 gets you the European version from Pixmania, £380 or so get you the HXD UK version.
    Check www.pricerunner.co.uk to see.

3. lurcher

lurcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    pjskel,
    Thanks for that I"ll wait for that JVC 300 model to appear and then have a look , it appears a likely prospect.

4. louisg

louisg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Whats the difference between euro and uk version? whats is HXD?

Regards
    Louis