Question Help choosing new (used) projector upgrade

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

First time posting here though I have done lots of research in the past in this forum.

I've had projectors for around 10 years. Always budget Epson models - I currently have an Epson EB X39.
I need to use the lens zoomed to its maximum and then the quick corner keystone to bring the image inline with my projection area.

I'm looking for a used projector upgrade - something with a higher resolution (thinking WUXGA?) - or at least something that's a setup from my EB X39.

I mount the projector on a high shelf on a back wall 480cm away from the projection wall. The projection area is around 320cm diagonal.

I've seen a few good deals on an EB-4950WU, though with a much lower contrast ratio - is this moving backward/sideways rather than stepping up?

This will be my everyday projector for quite a while and my next step up will be a 4k projector in a couple of years.

Any advice for me? ... or mega bargains out there?!

Thanks in advance.

What sort of budget you looking at?
What are the features/performance you are looking for?

You can use projector central to check practical throw/zoom if location is limited.

There are some good budget ones that do pretty well, good value generally lies with LCD and DLP, if you have ambient light a brighter projector can help here to.

Otherwise there are plenty of cheap older PJs about, depending on your needs, the classifieds here can be a good source if bought from a known trusted member/seller.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom