Help choosing new projector

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by xiuxiuejar, Feb 23, 2013.

1. xiuxiuejar

xiuxiuejar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I am looking to buy a new all-round projector. The main use for my projector will be for watching films. I'm not too bothered about 3D or Full-HD but 720 capability would be a must. Pretty standard till now but here's where my problems start.

First, there is ambient light in some of the rooms I need to use my projector in so I was thinking a 3000 - 3500 luminosity would be good. However, I really want to be able to use it in a darkened room too.

Second, I am a teacher and have private students, so I'd also like a machine comfortable with showing documents and slides etc from the PC.

Finally, I would like the capability of a machine that handles my PS3 well although this is not the most important thing.

Unfortunately my budget is rather limited. I am looking for the most reliable and best possible machine for my money - if it has extras such as 3D, so be it, but image quality, quality playing films and the ability to play in light and dark is far more important for me.

I have seen a few machines I was comsidering and would value your opinions on these and any others.

ACER P1303W
    OPTOMA GT750

Thanks for the help.

2. xiuxiuejar

xiuxiuejar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    As there are no replies I thought I'd add, I'm willing to look at anything around 500 pounds and under as long as it is good for films. Any recommendations/advice ...please!