• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes. We're still rebuilding the database indexes, so searches won't be reliable for a few hours, but we feel it's more important to bring the forums back online. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post. Thank you for your patience.

Help choosing Nas

bokkie

Standard Member
Hi all.

Looking to store all my movies on a Nas, which I will use my Linux satellite box, Android box with Kodi and pc to access.
Also want to be able to access it remotely to stream to my Tablet and phone.
As it is just for this purpose I don't want to spend a huge amount and I don't need more than 2-3 TB as most of the movies aren't very big files.

I have narrowed it down to the Seagate Central 3TB NAS Hard Drive or the WD 3 TB my cloud.

Can anyone suggest which of these would be a better choice, or indeed another Nas of a similar price range?

Thanks everyone.

misterS3

I've had WD, Buffalo, Netgear and Synology. Still use the last 3 but NAS has become so indispensable that I'd buy Synology again. They've got quite a few models with minor differences, so take your time and read up on what you need, then use the comparison on their site.

bokkie

Standard Member
Thanks for your replies. Think the Synology is a bit to expensive for what I want.
More than double the price of the ones I mentioned.

wormvortex

I had both a seagate and WD cloud. The seagate HDD failed less than a year into owning it and so did the replacement. Looking online and seagate HDD's fail rates are awful so I bought a mycloud which served me well for 2years until I moved on and bought an HP micro server

paddy187

For my first nas I got dlink dns 320. It was a good first step but I would recommend spending a bit more as three cheaper ones are often noisier as well which could be an issue if you are sitting close to it

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom