1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help choosing LCD TV

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by AdamC, Sep 4, 2005.

1. AdamC

AdamC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Morning all, posted this on a different page but so far have had no response, so i thought i would try on this section.

Im starting to get a bit fed up searching for the best LCD tv to suit my needs as ive nearly bought two now and have been put off my purchases. I need your guys help as im tearing my hair out at the moment, im due to get my first credit card soon ( YAY!! ) and want to make my first purchase a 32" HDTV set for my bedroom but it must include the following things for under £1K -

32" HDTV / HD-Ready set
    Res - 1366x768
    Must have excellent picture quality through all sources
    ( The tv will be used by the family, so inferior quality images wont do )
    No faults - was about to get the Samsung but heard about the tearing issue.
    Fully X-Box 360 compatible
    Component Input
    Freeview would be nice!!

Ive nearly bought the Samsung as mentioned above but was put off with the tearing, and then i was about to go for the ACER AT3201W but someone else put me off that one.

What can you learned peeps recommend? Hows the Sagem HD-L32T or the LG 32LX2R ( favourite so far ) ? Is the ACER really that bad? Dont want to spend more than £1K remember

Help would be most appreciated

Thanks

AdamC

2. Woods C18

Woods C18
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 26" Samsung le26r41bd and i am more than happy with it. I think the tearing issues are with the 32" version so i cant comment. It looks far bigger in my room than it did in the store, and it was only £800. M$ are using it to showcase their future console the xbox 360 so it must be a good HI-DEF performer.

3. AdamC

AdamC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi mate, thanks for replying.

As ive said in my first post, i saw the Samsung in Dixons / Currys / PC World and was blown away by the picture quality but after reading the post about tearing i was put off purchasing the set.

The tearing seems to be too noticable to just forget about it, especially on the 32" version, it might not be as noticable on the smaller 26" one.

This is literally the first TV, let alone my first LCD tv that ive ever bought and it has to be good otherwise ill get a dogs life off of my parents ( yes i still live at home!! ) for spending so much money on a set that has problems.

I can see where you are coming from with the whole MS / Samsung partnership with the xbox 360 but if there are issues with the current xbox running at 720p at 60 Hertz then there will surely be some issues with the 360.

Thanks again for your comments

AdamC

4. Smiffy 2

Smiffy 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +166
    I was also interested in the new Sagem model, but I think you will find it is going to be a little bit over your budget if you are determined to stick to £1k.
    The cheapest I have seen it as about £1150.00
    I am going to plump for the Philips FP327520D at just over the grand, although the FP325520D (with Freeview) is available for just under (950) and has had good reports from people who are using it.

5. AdamC

AdamC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply mate, the Sagem lcd does look very nice but as you say is just slightly over budget, and i cant really afford to go over my proposed limit.

Im still getting loads of praise for the LG 32LX2R, as it has good reviews and ive seen screenshots of it running xbox games and it looks sweet and no tearing issues. Only thing its not got is freeview!

But i keep coming back to the Samsung 32". It has everything i could need and screenshots of it working look good, and im not too convinced the tearing issues are that severe, even though loads of people seems to be having them and are taking the tv's back - it the problem was that widespread wouldnt Samsung issue a return notice?

Still unsure though, had a look at the philips that you mentioned but dont think it had a component input.

Thanks again

AdamC