1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help choosing LCD for PC/Xbox/Freeview use

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Griffon, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Griffon

Griffon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys!

I just joined here as this place has some great advice. I currently own a PC which is connected to a 19" Mitsubishi CRT to which I also connect my xbox through a VGA lead to allow Hi-Def gaming. I'm looking to get an Xbox360 at launch and was exploring getting a similar sized widescreen LCD to replace my CRT. Looking around I've seen the Relisys RLT1730 for a reasonable price, would you fellas recommend this?

It might not be Hi-def, however if I bought a 360 VGA cable would this allow a Hi-def 720p image to be displayed (as its resolution is 1280x768) on this unit? Also the 16ms response time seems quicker than other units I've seen, which should help reduce ghosting. Finally how are these units for use with PC's? Are they as good as a 'proper' PC LCD?

Thanks in advance!
    Griff

2. b1g1an

b1g1an

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    You be better off buying a proper widescreen monitor I would've thought.

3. b1g1an

b1g1an

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    You be better off buying a proper widescreen monitor if you're going to use VGA anyway.

4. Griffon

Griffon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I did consider that but the only widescreen panels I've seen have been 20" and over (like the Dell models) and cost about twice as much and don't offer a native resolution in 720p (which I assume will look ugly on a tft). If someone can suggest a different LCD widescreen monitor/tv around 17-20" for a reasonable price (say less than £500) then that would be much apprecaited :)