Help choosing correct apps & equipment for OLED TV

WarHog

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Looking to upgrade from my Panasonic VT60 plasma to an OLED, and am wondering what changes I need to make to my equipment etc to view UHD/4K content. I currently watch all my TV via Sky Q, which I also use to access Netflix and Amazon Video. I also have an Apple TV+ box and am happy to subscribe to other apps.

To get the best viewing/picture quality experience, and to reduce any motion judder, would I need to upgrade the following...?

Upgrade my Sky Q 2TB box to a version that provides UHD.
Change my Apple TV box to a 4K box.
Upgrade my Netflix subscription to UHD.
Instead of viewing Netflix & Amazon Video from the Sky Q box, install the apps onto the Apple TV box to watch from.
Install Disney+ onto Apple TV box.

Anything else?

Hi I've got a 65in Panasonic gz950 and watch amazon prime netflix and Disney plus through the tvs internal apps if I where you I'd upgrade to netflix UHD to get the best 4k UHD picture experience I haven't got sky but virgin instead but I never use the virgin box for the apps stick to the TV apps if you haven't got a dolby atmos set its not a problem but some of internal tv apps like Disney plus and amazon prime don't support atmos. As a backup I'd wait till black Friday and get the new 4k firestick max that will play the lot great value for money and loads of other apps on it as well should be a good pice drop from today's

Last edited:
I forgot to mention you can also get the apple tv + app on your new tv or on the Firestick

I forgot to mention you can also get the apple tv + app on your new tv or on the Firestick

Thanks. Does the Apple TV app have the same options for picture/sound quality as actually having the Apple TV box?

Thanks. Does the Apple TV app have the same options for picture/sound quality as actually having the Apple TV box?
I can't say as I haven't got the apple tv+ app or box but I would have thought the app would have the same picture quality for streaming and the box would have extra functionality. But I'm sure someone on here will tell you or you could ask the question in the Apple TV owners thread

The ATV app has very basic video settings, HDR always on or limit to SDR only.

The ATV 4K box can dynamically switch between SDR/HDR10/Dolby Vision to match the source and it supports 24Hz output so less judder from the video.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom