Help choosing best setup wifi, poe for home

edp33

Novice Member
I have just moved to a new home and had sky broadband transfered. The router is in the living room on the ground floor, and my study is on 1st floor furthest point away from the living room. The expected broadband speed is around 35mb, maximum i can get with another provider is 67mbs due to the lines installed In this area.

im fine with that, but the wifi speeds in the living room are around 30mb, but in the study max 10mb usually alot less. so just wondering what is the best way to get a stable broadband speed across whole house ideally as we have laptops, pc, ipads, phones etc that could be in any given room. If i do uograde to a provider with 67mb in the future how do i ensure that is available across whole house?

in terms of equipment i have a unifi ap ac lite access point i used previously when we had multiroom as sky q didnt play nicely with other devices on same wifi, however as we cancelled multiroom, the access point is in a box right now.

which of the follwing options would be best ?

1) get a different router, probably will switch from sky broadband to another provider anyway, perhaps buying a higher spec router may provide better coverage and hence more reliable speeds across whole house.
2) use the access point, but it would be plugged next to router in living roon, or get a cable wired upstairs to landing and have a wifi signal from that
3) invest in some power over ethernet plugs, would get a decent speed in study for the pc, but a nice bonus would be to have those speeds to my laptop, and devices used anywhere else in the house so poe wouldnt address that.
4:) get some wifi extenders

or any other suggestions would be welcome.

many thanks

james

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom