Help choosing a Freeview box (if i need one?)

A

Arkless86

First off, new to the forum, so hello..

Now could anybody help me? Not sure if this is the right subforum to use, but ive just bought a 27" Lexsor HD LCD TV from Currys - which is all set up and is running beautifully with my Xbox.

Anyways, all of my terrestial channels have a pretty poor reception. I think this is because ive got a pretty poor TV aerial from my old TV plugged into my RV(?) socket on the back. Which would be the best way to combat this? Would i be best off getting a freeview box (if so, which one?) or is there another way i can get a decent reception?

Thank you, and if this is the wrong forum, could you point me in the right direction?

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
Freeview is what you need, BUT if you have poor reception now then I doubt if Freeview will even work.

A

Arkless86

I had a half decent reception on my old CRT TV, plus the aerial is pretty cheap. Im hoping Freeview will sort it out, or is it possible that i can get a better aerial?

Im a bit of a novice when it comes to TVs/Freeview as you can see :D , thanks for the help anyways

Curly99

Distinguished Member
Hello I'm new too, any ways I would get the aerial and cableing checked, it could have blown out of alignment, cable got frayed and such, no use buying a freeview box till you know you can get a decent signal.

Curly

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom