Help choosing a Freeview box (if i need one?)

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by Arkless86, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Arkless86

Arkless86

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First off, new to the forum, so hello..

Now could anybody help me? Not sure if this is the right subforum to use, but ive just bought a 27" Lexsor HD LCD TV from Currys - which is all set up and is running beautifully with my Xbox.

Anyways, all of my terrestial channels have a pretty poor reception. I think this is because ive got a pretty poor TV aerial from my old TV plugged into my RV(?) socket on the back. Which would be the best way to combat this? Would i be best off getting a freeview box (if so, which one?) or is there another way i can get a decent reception?

Thank you, and if this is the wrong forum, could you point me in the right direction?

2. Andy98765

Andy98765

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,365
    Freeview is what you need, BUT if you have poor reception now then I doubt if Freeview will even work.

3. Arkless86

Arkless86

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a half decent reception on my old CRT TV, plus the aerial is pretty cheap. Im hoping Freeview will sort it out, or is it possible that i can get a better aerial?

Im a bit of a novice when it comes to TVs/Freeview as you can see :D , thanks for the help anyways

4. Curly99

Curly99
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,255
    Hello I'm new too, any ways I would get the aerial and cableing checked, it could have blown out of alignment, cable got frayed and such, no use buying a freeview box till you know you can get a decent signal.

Curly