1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help choosing a 15" LCD television

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by martbook, Nov 17, 2003.

1. martbook

martbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've narrowed down my choice to the Sony KLV-15SR1 , the Panasonic TC-15LT1, and (perhaps) the Sharp LC-15E1U.

It's for a small room, I watch about 1/2 tv (broadcast, no cable -- mostly sports and almost always recorded on DVD -- RCA DRC8000N DVD Recorder/progressive scan DVD Player ) and the other half I watch dvd movies. Sound isn't an issue with me.

I'm leaning to the Sony which did well on a test done by the "lcdbuying guide" website, albeit these were larger screen models tested. The Sharp is a longshot as I don't believe it handles progressive scan dvd technology.

Any thoughts, opinions, suggestions (and other possibilities to look at in the 15" category) would be much appreciated.

Marty

2. Rajibear

Rajibear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 15SR1 in my kitchen. The one thing i do not like is the only max or min backlight setting. It would be much better if they had greater steps so it is easier to set the tv up right

Rajibear

3. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Mooving to the LCD forum.