• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help choosing 1st Media Player?

Watson306

Standard Member
Hi All:hiya:,

I am new here, but have been reading the forums for some time.

Anyway, I am hoping to purchase a Media player within the next few weeks, and would like a bit of advise.

Firstly I do not want to spend a fortune.
I would like it to be wireless compatible.
I would like to be able to play ISO, Xvid, Divx etc.
I would like it to have a hard drive.

If I think of anything else I will update.

Thanks in advance.

NX3

Prominent Member
If you go wireless you might have bandwidth issues (playback problems) depending on your router, setup of your house etc... Its generally advised to go wired or homeplug to avoid these issues. Do you have a Wifi N 300 router ?

Watson306

Standard Member
If you go wireless you might have bandwidth issues (playback problems) depending on your router, setup of your house etc... Its generally advised to go wired or homeplug to avoid these issues. Do you have a Wifi N 300 router ?

Thanks for response.
I obviously don't know it works, but I was thinking that the wireless could be used to download or transfer?
If not - where I plan to keep it is within distance of my router - which is a virgin/netgear 30meg superhub.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom