Help choose New 65'tv

BobbyBoucher

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade from my excellent Panasonic 50 inch TX-50EX700B that i bought after good advice from this very forum back in 2018 :)

My use will be for watching Netflix/Amazon Prime/ Kodi and IPTV with lots of football.
I won't be hooking up a games-console or Sky Q etc.
Devices connected would be Nvidia shield and Amazon cube.

My current fav is a Panasonic TX-65JZ2000 that is at the top end of my price range at £2699.
I'm drawn to the Panasonic TX-65JZ2000 due to good reviews and built in sound to a good degree.
Currently I use a JBL sb450 sound-bar but would love integrated to one unit.

So current ideas for a tv are:

1.Panasonic TX65JZ2000B

2. LG OLED65G16LA

3. LG OLED65C14LB

Thanks in advance.

all 3 but if you are happy with the Pan I would get that you be more used to it.

I notice the LG OLED65C14LB is around £1600 and deals with soundbar are £2k.
Thats a big saving over the Panasonic.

Are you looking for value for money? If so its an easy decision to go for one of the cheaper models like the LG C1 or Panasonic JZ980.
If you want to spend more, the gains you make in quality hit diminishing returns so you are paying more for things like better picture quality in HDR mode, and better sound.

You could perhaps choose a middle ground, go for the Panasonic JZ1500 retain the heatsink and tuned panel but not the better sound, and continue to use your soundbar.

Are you looking for value for money? If so its an easy decision to go for one of the cheaper models like the LG C1 or Panasonic JZ980.
If you want to spend more, the gains you make in quality hit diminishing returns so you are paying more for things like better picture quality in HDR mode, and better sound.

You could perhaps choose a middle ground, go for the Panasonic JZ1500 retain the heatsink and tuned panel but not the better sound, and continue to use your soundbar.
The sound bar is a JBL 450 and it's 4 years old now. It's quite raised and always blocks the bottom of the tv :)

If the c1 comes down again I will have to think hard.
I was not aware of the models you mentioned so i will take a gander.
Thanks for the reply/info.

After reading tons and changing my mind loads I've gone for a HISENSE 65A9GTUK .
It was on offer at Costco for £939.
C1 and the Panasonic TX65JZ2000B were tempting me but as my use is just viewing normal tv and iptv i took a punt on the HISENSE. A few friends have them(2019 tv's) and I know it's not a C1 but the added bonus of a soundbar and a bargain made me pull the trigger.
Still £1499 at most places.

Last edited:
tell us how good it is when its set up.

tell us how good it is when its set up.
I will indeed. Hopefully it's a decent tv. £939inc delivery for the 65' .
Wonder what Costco return policy is like:)

I am no Tv Expert and not that fussy. My use is IPTV/Kodi/Freeview. So i am quite hopefull on this.

Last edited:
After listening to the avforums June 30 podcast I've had a change of heart over the Hisense lol

Last edited:
90 days no quibble.
Pretty decent.
I saw a video today of the tv next to a c1 . It compared blacks and motion. The Hisense was shocking. Nobody here can advise if FW has fixed anything and apart from 1 person on a 55 variant there is just not enough info about.

I will stay focused on C1 and others recommend in this thread for now.
I am hoping the C1 comes down a lttile as the C2 is shipping now.
Can't see the Panasonic TX-65JZ2000 coming down though.

Translated from above from hdbox in Bulgaria. (Original post was deleted)

I don't know what the reason is, but in my country the price of the C1 instead of falling has risen by € 200 compared to last month, although the premiere of the C2 is already a fact.

This seems to be a trend elsewhere as the stocks of C1 are getting low. 2022 C2 models are predicted at much higher prices. Longer term I wonder if prices for new stocked items are going to follow the usual trend of falling later in the year. Many leading makes, Samsung, Sony, LG etc primarily for UK customers are manufactured/assembled in Poland.
Не знам каква е причината, но в моята страна цената на C1 вместо да падне, е поскъпнала с €200 спрямо миналия месец, въпреки че премиерата на C2 вече е факт.

Last edited:
Probably in the fall, as well as during Black Friday, prices will be significantly lower. For example, during a promotion in September 2021, as on Black Friday, C1, in the amount of 65" was priced below €1400

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom