help choose a dvd player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dood, Jan 5, 2002.

1. dood

dood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    I would appreciate any suggestions for a new DVD player. I would like it to accommodate the following:
    1. Multiregion
    2. Play DVD, CD, CDR (CDRW and MP3 would be a bonus)
    3. Internal decoding with 6 channel outputs, preferably for DD and DTS. It is to be used with a Yamaha 592 prologic amp via 6 channel inputs
    4. Reliable make, good picture and sound, silent
    5. Budget 250 quid

I think the pioneer 636 might do the job - is it restricted in any of the above? Can anyone recommend where in the UK one can get a suitable player at the best price?

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd stay away from the 636 purely because it's got a ****e remote IMO (same one as budget Pioneers).

I've just bought a 545 £269 from multiregionmagic.com and and I have to say I'm liking it more and more each day I use it. Top remote too :eek:)

Nice piece of kit

Mark

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The pioneer 636 is a good bet, as it have both decoders built in and I think you can find it at a very low price on the net. But do check as regards to the MP3 compatibility!

As regards to DTS and DD, several brands do players with both decoders built in, Ex. sony, Pioneer, latest Samsung DVd players, Philips matchline series etc!