1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, cheap 5.1 amp and speakers wanted

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Zarch, May 1, 2003.

1. Zarch

Zarch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    To compliment my Sony 32LS60 i'm looking round for a full 5.1 surround package.

Now the only ones i've seen so far come with the dvd and amp in one box. This is no good for me as i've already got my Toshiba 210 dvd player.

Can anyone suggest an amp/speaker package?

The requirements are as follows.

As small a set of speakers as possible, also silver in colour. (i really like some silver sony's i saw which had chrome edgings, i will have to get the model)

My dvd player has digital out so digital in on the amp is required.

The room is 14foot sq.

I dont want to spend a fortune!! (who does??!)

Anyone got any ideas? or websites i can look on?

Thanks for your help

Mick

2. Sunday Ironfoot

Sunday Ironfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What you seem to be after is an all-in-one package, try looking in your local Dixons or Currys or similar as they sell these sorts of packages there (including one's without DVD players), they generally range from £300 - £600. They're OK for movies, the main area they'll let you down is in the music department, and buying separates will give you much better quality sound overall, although separates are more expensive. Otherwise these speaker/receiver all-in-one packages are fine, I have one and I'm quite happy with it.

Errr.....you'd be suprised if you met some of the people on these forums....:rolleyes: :D

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Sony do receiver only package check their website if you like their stuff. they sell the Pascal speaker separatly see the sony uk site for ideas, PS most manufacturers do this sort of stuff, Avland.co.uk is a good site as is hifibitz.co.uk Richersounds.com is good for cheap stuff (if they have it in stock!!!!!!)