Help! Cd or DVD player???

C

colonio

Hello, :lease:
I just have bought an amplifier Nad C352+PSB speakers.

I'm going to buy a CD player. But as I don't have DVD player, I thought I could buy a DVD player, so I'll have CD+DVD+Mp3 playing for less money than separate CD and DVD players.

But some people says that quite any DVD player in reasonable prices (up to 600$-700$) plays CD as well as a good CD player (of about 300$-400$).

But other people suggested me that DVD players like Pioneer DV-668AV-S or Nad T524 could play stereo CD's as well as a good CD player (for example a Nad C542).

So as most important for me is stereo CD playing (I don't care home cinema or 5.1), what choice is the best quality/price??

Thank you for your help!

given that you are speaking in $'s not £'s i doubt i can help you too much in actual models....

however i can say that as a general rule of thumb a DVD player if its good will still only equal a CD player 1/2-2/3rds its price at best on CD replay....with some being a lot worse....best to audition some and see what you think...

oh and dont just ignore a player because a few people dismiss it, depending on everything else in the chain the sound can be quite different when hooked up to different sytems.....

if CD is more what u looking to do tho, then go for a separate players, if however its more 50/50 or in favour of being used for DVD, or if you intend to buy DVD-A/SACD discs (do, please do, they wonderful) then get a more expensive DVD player and use it for CD....

FWIW:
I found that only the best DVD (read: universal) players are any good at CD's.
My expensive Marantz DV-9500 has a nice glowing sound (much better than the Denon 3910) but I still can't match my Chinese CD player of 200 pounds...

The latest video from AVForums

The BIG PROBLEM With Your Home AV System EXPLAINED
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom