1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help cautious CRT owner

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by vincentsdv, Jan 4, 2005.

1. vincentsdv

vincentsdv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just received a Viera plasma and I have some concerns.
    I reduced brightness and contrast for running-in period.
    I use a DVI DVD player and Dreambox receiver with YUV output connected to the plasma through VGA port. So the sources and connections are the very best.
    I'm generaly satisfied with the PQ, but I'm coming from 36fs70 sony CRT and sometimes I'm disturbed by solarisations, green dots on black and poor shadow detail in dark scenes.
    Is there any chance to get rid of them after the running-in period? Can anyone confirm that plasma's PQ get improved in the long run?

2. happyh

happyh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I had mine professionally calibrated. PQ went from 90% to 99%.
    Don't know anyone in Romania though. :)

3. blindlemon

blindlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Off topic I know, but how do you find the PQ from the Dreambox through the plasma compared to DVD?

I'm thinking of getting one but have not seen it through a decent display and they are only available mail-order in the UK.

4. c.hilding

c.hilding

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After the run-in period you calibrate it correctly, then it looks better than a CRT!

5. vincentsdv

vincentsdv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The PQ from Dreambox leans upon the broadcasting quality. However, the channels with high bitrates offer a picture similar with my dvd's (Yamakwa365). The SCART from Dreambox can output the component signal. Connected directly to plasma through vga port offers the best PQ. You even don't need JS RGB scart to RGBHV convertor box.
    Thank you for the answers.