• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

help - cant see pics

salsheikh

Standard Member
guys, i am hoping you can help. many times i go to websites, the pics just wont show and all i get get is a red x. i have gone through the internet options, tools etcand even listed the web address as ok but still can't see nothing. it is really [MOD Comment : Please don't try to circumvent the swear filter - mmahmed] me off, any ideas on what i can do?

Gadgetcity

Can you give an example website?
Have you modified your HOSTS file? If you have, to stop adverts/website trackers, then they often appear as red X's.

stu.artd

What browser are you using ? If it's Internet Explorer, can you download and install Firefox and try that ?

That'll help detremine whether the broswer is the cause of the problem.

salsheikh

Standard Member
try [MOD Comment : link removed - AVFourms is a family friendly site - by mmahmed]

all the pics you see are red x's. i have tried all sorts but still nothing. may have to switch to firefox....

Theydon Bois

Distinguished Member
I bet they are pngs not showing, and you have Vista.

I think its something to do with a program taking association, and I have the same problem - they are some registry based solutions, but nothing that works 100%.

A Workaround is to right click on the IE icon, run as administrator and you will see them properly.

.....and yes, you have to do this even if you are an administrator. Stupid stupid microsoft. :mad:

salsheikh

Standard Member
i have windows xp, but even if i go to google images i sometimes get the same result. bugger. goona download firefox and use that i thinks.

DVD-Man

Distinguished Member
tools>internet options>advanced>multimedia>show pictures

Checked?

Liam

salsheikh

Standard Member
tools>internet options>advanced>multimedia>show pictures

Checked?

Liam

Will try that tonight Liam. I downloaded Firefox and even that did not stop the red x's. Just been onto Banzai magazine website and tried to view the pics on the wallpapers but it allows me to view only 6 pics?

stu.artd

If you're unable to view the images in IE and Firefox then it's not a browser setting that's causing the problem..

Do you have any internet security software installed ?
What happens if you right click the area with the red cross where the image should be and choose View or Open ?

salsheikh

Standard Member
tried the internet options multimedia show pics but that was already ticked. i currently use zone alarm as my pc security. even if i right click on show pic nothing happens......:lease: HELP

If you're unable to view the images in IE and Firefox then it's not a browser setting that's causing the problem..

Do you have any internet security software installed ?
What happens if you right click the area with the red cross where the image should be and choose View or Open ?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom