Help,cant decide where to buy!!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by nigelcraft, Aug 28, 2006.

Tags:
  1. nigelcraft

nigelcraft
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i want to buy a Samsung R74,but my only local shop selling this model,sells it for £950,ive look at a few only stores,namely,www.play.com,
    www.amazon.co.uk
    and a store ive never used before http://www.247electrical.co.ukwhich is the cheapest and can deliver on saturday for an extra £12,but im not sure how good any of these firms are for delivery and how long they will take,the cheapest is 247 electrical which is only £769 with free delivery,im not too confident ordering something so expensive online and am not sure who is decent or who isnt if you know what i mean,if anyone has ordered online can you let me know who you used and what the service is like and how long these things take to come on a standard delivery.

Many thanks

2. Meeten

Meeten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    have ordered things from 247 - nothing like a tv though - but the company is sound, and I have no probs to report using them.

bought my Panny home cinema from Empire Direct ... ordered on Tuesday afternoon and delivered on Wednesday ...! Can't ask for much better than that.

Have you had a look on their site for the tv you want ..??

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/products/list.aspx?subdept=lcdtv&page=1&order=best&m=Samsung

remember to use your credit card, and take advantage of protection that they offer, as well as the distance selling regulations that apply when buying on-line.

as long as it is from a reputable company, i think that buying on-line is better .... :D

3. nigelcraft

nigelcraft
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i followed up another thread on here and can get one a lot cheaper on next day delivery too from www.beyondtelevision.co.ukand am now very tempted by this site,the customer reviews are great,has anyone used these guys before?,such a big decision when its so pricey i want to make the right choice

4. biglee

biglee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have never used them, but i always finds in these situations that giving them a ring can be a good way of gauging how good a company they are. If they pick up the phone quickly and are polite and courteous and seem to be very knowledgeable then i think you'll be OK.

If however they take an age to answer and when they do they seem like your wasting their time by asking newbie questions then they are likely to be fairly unreliable in putting anything right if god forbid things go wrong.

You are right to be cautious though, i have been stung by a online retailer before (Techtronics) they got the goods to me quickly and i did get a good price but they were rubbish to get hold of when things went wrong with the item.

Good luck with your decision.

By the way i used Play when i bought my Samsung 26" LCD and they were very good. They even carried out a security check!

5. nigelcraft

nigelcraft
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks mate,how long did they take to deliver it?

6. Jay27

Jay27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Prc direct £729 inc vat.....

7. biglee

biglee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    3 days from the day i ordered it. Which i don't think is bad at all.