• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

HELP ! Canon 300D Zoom Browser Disc

Bryan Hayes

Standard Member
Hi,

I have managed to lose the Zoom Browser CD for my Canon 300D and so far struggling to obtain a replacement. This is preventing me downloading the photographs from the camera.

Canon offer a download, but you still need the original CD. Their alternative is that they can sell me the CD for the replacement to my camera but cannot tell me if it works - can anyone advise on this ??

Does anyone out there have a spare, or could either copy / loan me theirs.

I an happy to pay postage, blank Cd costs etc involved.

Cheers

Bryan

Bryan Hayes

Standard Member
This site is similar to the canon.com site - it appears to only offer updates, but this still requires the original disc to operate.

Still stuck !!!:lease:

senu

Distinguished Member
You should not need Zoom browser to actually download images
You should just get a USB compact flash card reader, pop the CF card in it and copy away by drag and drop
If you want to do remote capture and control the camera from the computer ( including capturing direct to a PC or laptop HDD
) then you would benefit from connecting up the camera to PC otherwise all you need is the card reader
Using has its merits and you can review the image immediately on a wider screen ( than the 300Ds) small LCD
If you do want the Disc though I could send you one from the 30D , 350 or 400D which simply contain the window drivers( WIA) ( which you do need if you must use the camera) and the EOS utility,
Zoom browser and DPP
Both of which have been updated several versions since the original discs were made
Just pop a PM with your address

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom