• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HELP! Can you use a 250v 3a fuse Fig lead on a tv that came with a 5a fuse?

Hsotnas

Novice Member
Hi - I have a new LED tv that came with a 250v 5A fig 8 power lead but i needed a 5m cable for my tv wall mount and the existing cable was too short.

i can't seem to find a 5m 5a fuse power lead but managed to find a 2.5a fuse lead instead. My question is can I use the 2.5a fuse lead or or will this underpower my tv? OR can I swap the 2.5a fuse with the 5a fuse? I read that manufactuer moulded plugs are designed to handle the power its rated under i.e. 5a etc. So a 2.5a lead is not designed to withstand 5a or 13a fuses?

Based on this i can only ascertain that a 13a power lead would be able to use a 5a fuse as it ws desgined for higher voltage.

Really confused and need help as I need to complete the wallmount but need to make sure I have the right lead.

Thanks"!!!!!!!!

Basinguy

usually the fuse supplied is due to the cable CSA, often for things like TVs they use 0.75mm cable which is 6A rated so they use a 5A fuse to protect the cable.

why not just buy 5m of cable and the required plugs for each end .. simples

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom