1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Can not record using Panasonic dvd and Panasonic TV with integrated DVB

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by timeshock!, Aug 16, 2004.

1. timeshock!

timeshock!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just purchased a Panasonic DVD recorder (dmr-e55eb) and Panasonic TV (TX-32dtx1) with integrated digital, everything went well with auto set-up. I have the recorder on AV1 with a scart using the scart sockets one on both units. (exactly as manual)
    I am using Panasonic dvd-ram double sided discs. My problem is when recording a DVB channel, when I switch off the TV (to stand by), the dvd recorder only records the audio and the picture is blank - with the TV back on every thing is recorded. Recording analogue channels is ok. I have swapped scart cables but same result. What am I doing wrong? I telephoned Panasonic help desk they said I have to programme the TV timer as well as the DVD timer - Done that same result! I know there are clever people out there.

2. timeshock!

timeshock!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A quick update - Panasonic on their 3rd attempt (2nd attempt was cut off) suggested ignoring their explicit instructions and use AV2 on TV and remembering to set both the TV and DVD timers it works. I would still be interested in other user experiences with integrated DVB TVs and the dmr-e55eb. Still don't understand why it will not work as per the book.

3. get1a2get1a2

get1a2get1a2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there on the dvd recorder go into settings and the av2 input set for video if you have rgb set you will just get blank screen and sound use the rgb out on the panasonic to rgb in on the tele and use the av2 to the video in on your tele

4. get1a2get1a2

get1a2get1a2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there on the dvd recorder go into settings and the av2 input set for video if you have rgb set you will just get blank screen and sound use the rgb out on the panasonic to rgb in on the tele and use the av2 to the video in on your tele