1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP ! Can anyone suggest an alternative to JVCHV28P37SJE for £400-£450 ?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by andyboy, Jan 21, 2005.

1. andyboy

andyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a JVC HV28P37SJE on order from Empire Direct and they are quoting about 2-3 weeks and I would like a new TV ASAP but I know there are problems with the JVC in terms of RGB Scart usage and Flicker on PAL Progressive.

Can anyone out there suggest an alternative set that does not suffer from these problems with the same (or close to) level of features (must inc PAL/NTSC Prog Scan) for a max of £450 ? I might stretch to £500 but would like to avoid it if possible.

Hope someone out there can help ! :rolleyes:

2. Mr_Fantastic

Mr_Fantastic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    I've seen that set for less than that somewhere. Try looking at the thread about that set as there was a price in there. Are you sure the JVC has problems with PAL progressive? I haven't seen anyone complain about that in these forums although I have seen people mention it on other TV's.

3. Barzo

Barzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    Agree - not the TV, the source! Pioneer 575 flickers PAL prog scan, but Tosh 340e does not. Pioneer 575 also flickers with Tosh 36P48, which has no known problems with PAL Prog Scan either. Have a look at the discussion 'Monster Head to Head' posted by Raze on the 'DVD Players' forum.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215