1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! Cambridgw Audio 540D Users!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by DTS0077, May 28, 2004.

1. DTS0077

DTS0077

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

I picked up this unit 2day, awesome build quality! I setup it up. Tested a few discs , wow! Alot better than the Tosh SD530E.

However I noticed that when I skipped forward to about the hour mark, the movie would stutter! Both picture & sound! I tried several movies, all the same! Everything fine in the chapters before! All the discs I played are perfect, no scratches.... What the hell is going on? Anyone else had this?

Also when I play a PAL or NTSC dvd i still have the option of using either the 'I-Scan' or 'P-Scan' buttons but when i press the 'PAL/NTSC' button i now get a no-entry sign when trying to use progressive scan! What does that mean?
    By the way my TV is the 57" WH36 ps set.

Do I have a faulty unit?

HELP!

2. DTS0077

DTS0077

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey I just noticed I cant spell.....Cambridge not Cambridgw!
    Hey I am typing in the dark...it happens! :)

Oh by the way I am running it in progressive scan. Perfect except for this stutter which starts around the hour mark!

3. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,222
    I (despite writing the manual :blush: ) am not the world authority on the 540D but the fact that nothing appears at the top of the display would indicate to me that the unit is running PAL PS fine- I think it only shows something if the unit is in PAL and switches to NTSC (as the early ones had a habit of doing). Could this stutter be the layer change? (the 540D is not the fastest in this respect) Or does it carry on for the rest of the film? Should you be in doubt, swap the unit and ask Cambridge for an upgrade disc- there have been some PAL PS updates (I would send one but I am officially on holiday).

4. DTS0077

DTS0077

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome! The man himself replies! Ok it happens for the rest of the movie!
    I think you are right about the PAL indication. I believe mine is outputting correctly.

I am gonna swap it for another one 2morow....lets see what happens!

Regarding the disc, how big is it? Any chance of downloading it from somewhere?

5. DTS0077

DTS0077

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I managed to get another one. This one works fine however this machine doesnt play dvd+rw's but the faulty one played them fine! What is goin on? Help! Is this a firmware issue?