• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help - cable set up issues - Panasonic DMP-BD55

jcamp1

Standard Member
I have just bought a Panasonic DMP-BD55. I have connected this via HDMI to my tv.
I also have a Denon DHT-500SD. This was used as my DVD player but recently the picture jumps and skips so I thought I could still use this as an amp to power my 5.1 surround sound speakers.

I have connected the optical from the blue ray Panasonic to the optical input on the Denon.
I have also turned of the HDMI audio output in the blue Ray Panasonic menu.

However, I get no sound from the amp even when I go through the various input options (analogue, Digital - auto, PCM and DTS.

What function option do I need to be on on the Denon amp? There is DVD, Tuner, TV, Video 1 and Video 2.

Am I doing something wrong? Can the Denon dvd player not be used as a separate amp in this instance?

Help please?!

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom