1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help buying projector for pc/consoles

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Drsbaitso, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Drsbaitso

Drsbaitso
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hello!
    First of all, sorry for double posting this (the first is in the gaming section)
    I'm moving places soon from a one bedroom flat to a 3 bedroom house with a housemate, so we've got an extra room. As we're both keen gamers (read: geeks), I'm thinking of investing in a projector etc. My budget is about £2000.
    First of all, these are the things I want hooked up:
    PC (has geforce 6800 gt, ie 2x DVI out)
    XBOX
    Gamecube
    PS2
    Creative Inspire 5100 5.1 surround (the ones with the external decoder)

I am thinking of using the pc for all dvd/divx/mp3 needs etc (it's got a remote control with the abit mobo so that'll be useful).

So, what cables do I need for all this (I only have the bog standard console cables), and which projector is the best (I've heard good views about a viewsonic, forgot it's model, mentioned in pczone), and is there anything I can use to choose what video source to watch? I presume I don't need an audio amp, cos the creative can hook up to all 4 sources.

Thank you so very much for any replies and advice. I'm a BIG noob when it comes to projectors, and would gladly appreciate any help