1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! - Buying New DVD Recorder with HD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by SuperOxford, Jul 24, 2005.

1. SuperOxford

SuperOxford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Have decided its time to ditch the Video Recorder so am looking at a new DVD Recorder.Budget is about £300

Feel a Hard Disk is needed as the majority of the stuff will be recorded from the TV, watched and then came be deleted/recorded over. Occasionally will save stuff to DVD to keep. Have telewest cable box so sky+ is not the answer. Have a Toshiba SD-330 dvd player so would like to play anything i record on a DVD on that.

Have got some videos that i would like to transer to DVD so 'flexible record' is needed (think thats what its called!) so get higher quality copies on DVD. Also Freeview tuner included seems like a good idea. Is it?! Think a 80GB storage should be enough but not sure how much that stores on a decent quality recording setting.

Pioneer DVR-433H-S has caught my eye

Hope that all makes sense and i havent bored anyone!

Ayy suggestions would be more than welcome. :lease:

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,217
    Have a look at the 'Which DVD Recorder?' link in my signature for basic advice.

3. SuperOxford

SuperOxford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks for your reply.

I have read that and it is very good. Might just be a case of going out and buying one of the Top 5 as sometimes it feels like the more i read the more i get confused!!

Just wondered what peoples opinions were who had experienced the DVD recorders available at the moment.