Help Buying A TV stand

K

kace

So,

I ask myself, why do most AV retailers advertise stands for £250+...

Should i really pay that kind of money when argos for example do one for £70? Is there really a neccesity to purchase a £250 stand for my TV?

Please help...

For example: Click here for Argos glass Stand

Have a look at this website here. I've bought Alphason products from them before and can't praise them highly enough!

http://www.robinsonselectric.co.uk/

On one occasion within 90 minutes of giving them my order Alphason called me to arrange delivery!

Prices are best i've come across too!

Forgot to mention as well that the stands really do compliement the TV's. If you're going to spend 2k-3k on a TV then i would say an extra £250 is essential.

Just my opinion tho'!!

Maybe i can get a photo of my setup?

or look at an ikea oppli..... many here have used them and they look really great for £55. Just a shame I dont have an ikea to buy from :(

ad

Originally posted by Stackers
Forgot to mention as well that the stands really do compliement the TV's. If you're going to spend 2k-3k on a TV then i would say an extra £250 is essential.

Just my opinion tho'!!

I think I do not agree with that.
So if I buy a £100,000 set a £10,000 stand is essential? Tempered glass is tempered glass, even if you put a ferrari on it.
Im just wondering how much a glass of that type could cost if you'd buy it from a local glazier...

As someone who's spent more than £250 on a stand, I've got to say it's your personal choice as to which suits you best. Previously, I had a custom made stand.

Two points, function and form. Which do you want? A stand just to hold your plasma, or one which compliments it?

My previous stand was very much function. It had to fit in a tight space. While I could have kept it, my current stand was very much bought on looks (although it's still got function!).

All the best,

Dr John Sim.

I can see your point but again, some prices are over-bloated.
I can understand £250 for a nice tv stand set with 3 layers of glass and nice touches, I cant justify £200+ for the actual desk stand that holds the plasma.
Infact, I still have to find one suitable for my PMA400E.
And I refuse to pay £200+ for a piece of iron.

ziocieto, how are you supporting your screen presently? have you no stand at all?

Best regards David

ahha...... I follow.... you meant a table or a wall mount dont you Ziocieto? I think the rest of us mean something else..... certainly I was referring to more of an equipment rack

ad

Originally posted by Galaxy
ziocieto, how are you supporting your screen presently? have you no stand at all?

Best regards David

Right...
Yeeeaaahh...
Ehmm...
Yess...
Do you really want to know? :p
I can show you a picture but it will be heartbreaking...

So, just in case you're brave enough, say yes ;)

Originally posted by buns
ahha...... I follow.... you meant a table or a wall mount dont you Ziocieto? I think the rest of us mean something else..... certainly I was referring to more of an equipment rack

ad

Yes there was a little bit of confusion in my post above.
I mean the desk/table mount.

I've seen you meant the AV rack stand, but it was too late when I've realized it ;)

I would agree with you on the actual plasma stands. I wouldnt pay for one, I'll only get it if I get it thrown into a deal or cheap 2nd hand. There are those who have made their own for almost no cost.....

ad

Yes! come on.....

Because if its that crappy I can send you a few bit and pieces that will provide a perfectly good and safe stand if not "designer" to get you out of trouble.

Best regards David

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom