1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help buying 36/37 plasma and home cinema system

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Purplesmurf, May 17, 2005.

1. Purplesmurf

Purplesmurf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After my old TV suddenly decided to give up after many years of faithful service I thought it time to get up to date and get a decent new TV with a full DVD home cinema and surround system. So much for thinking it would be easy !!! I am not a big tekky so have been getting baffled by all the options around.
    I have finally decided on the size 36 or 37", and gather it best to go for Plasma at the moment at that size, but do I get a package deal or by all the bits sperate. I want to spend around £1500 in total but can see myself going more.
    I have seen a good deal at Tiny but all the bad rep about them have put me off a bit. I have also noticed there are some LG's around at a reasonable price but heard a rumor that they are not really the best either !
    So can anyone recommend anything? I would like one that is HDTV compatible and with plenty of inputs (DVD,Vid, PS2,Sky+). Also do I just go for a DVD and surround speaker set up or should I get an AMP?
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. The Gooner

The Gooner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    You will need an amp to drive the speakers, Your DVD ect will connect to back of amp and all sounds will then come from amp to speakers.
    As for a HDTV for the money you are looking at spending and waht you want to buy, I doubt you would get everything.

A 37" PW7 panel panasonic would probably suit best with input boards of your choice to connect devices, although if you get the right amp the amp will do the video switching as well. Although this isnt HD ready, it has very good reviews and would give very good results.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    Richersounds are doing the 37" panny with 5.1 system and media box for £1400 a good starter package.