Help: Bravia slow decoding rtsp stream

Baabba11

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi mates, I'm helping a friend solving an issue, he bought in 2018 the top line Bravia 65", maybe it is a KD-65XF7596 (I've to check), it works great with 4k videos but amazing slow with FullHD rtsp stream of only 2,3 megabit, it works around 5/8fps only, the same stream in the same network work 25fps on VLC for PC. I've noticed it with VLC (it doesn't matter to choose SW, HW or HW++ decoder, same results), but also with other programs, I've the suspicious that Android apps made exactly for Sony (such as Youtube, Netflix) works perfectly and probably direct with hardware, a for the rest of Android apps there is a "porting compatibility" mode which s**s a lot. Do you share it with me?
Which rtsp player you recomend?
Thank you a lot for your suggestions

I've been using Plex and it's able to play anything I chuck at it.

thank you for reply, today I've tried MX Player and work smoothly, much better than VLC, the problem is that it's impossibile to save the url inside, and as well playing an m3u to open the rtsp. Amazing program with poor basic features.
Plex seems good to play film/channels and manage them too, I've never used it just saw now a video on Youtube, maybe a bit complicated just to play an rtsp, I would like to find the link as soon I open the program. Am I right?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom