Help, Bought Sky+ does it require external work ?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by ceecee, Jan 9, 2003.

1. ceecee

ceecee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please help, I’m confused. I already have Sky. In a few days I hope to have Sky+ installed.
    I moved into retirement apartments about two years ago and each complex had satellite box installed. One large sat. dish feeding each flat. I asked Sky – three times, and the suppliers of the sky+ box if outside work would be required to dish and cables. All four assured me no external work needed.
    However, just read the above threads and it appears work needs to be carried out on dish and extra cables.
    Can you please help, or clarify?

2. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    To use the Sky+ as just an ordinary Sky box then no extra work or cable is required.

In order to use the recording feature then you have to change the LNB on the dish from the single output you have to the Quad output LNB supplied with the Sky+ box. You then need to run an additional cable from the LNB to you new Sky+ box.

Sometimes the origional cable can be replaced with a special two-core type cable which is thinner and can be run along and through the existing holes of the old cable.

Hope that helps a bit.

Cheers, Lee

3. installer09

installer09
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would guess they will have to run 1 more cable , they may not have to change anything else though , the dish probably has a quattro lnb on it , if there is a spare output in the loft box they can just take another feed from there.