Help bookshelf speakers selection

DiNZi

Established Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Got some white Dali Zensor 1s that would fit your budget if you are interested

Speakers are a very personal thing. Whilst one might be technically superior, our ears may just enjoy the other more :)
Get yourself into a dealer and try those speakers with that exact unit - it is pointless listening to them on some big beefy amp or another manufacturer that is going to sound different - you need to know how these speakers pair with your intended amp, not an amp chosen by the store.

Take a look at the top item on this list -

Editor's Choice Awards – Best Hi-Fi 2017

I suspect the Monitor Audio MR2 are reasonable speaker for a modest amount of money, but I really have ZERO Feeback on them.

However, both the LX-2 and the Diamond 220 have very good reputations, and given that you are getting the Diamond 220 on close out, as the Diamond 11 have been released, you are getting more than you are paying for.

If you can go as high as £200, then consider the Monitor Audio Bronze 1 -

Monitor Audio Bronze 1 Speakers (Pair) - Superfi

I personally think the LX-2 and the Diamond 220 have too much critical acclaim to consider the MR2, but that's just me.

Another to at least consider is the Cambridge SX60 which is a 6.5" bass driver rather than the 5" bass drivers you are currently looking at -

Cambridge Audio SX60 Speakers Per Pair

If you can hear the Monitor Audio MR2 in person and like what you hear, then that's fine. But I suspect the LX-2, SX60, and the Diamond 220 are pretty safe bets. Though even with those there is an element of personal taste, so best if you can hear before you buy.

Steve/bluewizard

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom